Depression is among the most common mental illnesses. It unfortunately is not always taken as seriously as it ought to be, but it is a debilitating disease that has very real effects on your bodily health. If you struggle with depression, you will often experience back problems, or your pre-existing back problems may get worse. Therefore, be on the lookout for the following depression symptoms:
- An unexplained change in eating habits, resulting in significant weight gain or weight loss.
- Trouble sleeping, or sleeping too much.
- Loss of energy.
- A loss of interest in activities that you used to enjoy.
- Indecisiveness and trouble concentrating.
- Feelings of hopelessness, worthlessness, or inappropriate guilt.
- You may experience headaches and stomachaches, as well as an exacerbation of existing physical symptoms, like back pain and joint pain.
- Thoughts of death or a desire to die. If you are having suicidal thoughts, you should seek professional help immediately.
Regular massages can go a long way towards maintaining a more positive emotional state. If you suffer from depression, consider making our Edmonds chiropractic part of your recovery.