Headaches are usually nothing to worry about. They may be caused by fatigue, minor dehydration, or a bit of stiffness in your muscles that our chiropractic in Edmonds can help you remedy. However, there are a few red flags to look out for, which may be indicative of a more severe condition. Should you experience any of these symptoms, seek out medical care as soon as possible:
- A new, sudden, severe headache
- A headache that is accompanied by a neurological problem like weakness, loss of balance, dizziness, numbness, paralysis, tingling, confusion, speech problems, seizures, changes in personality, or vision problems.
- A headache accompanied by fever, shortness of breath, a stiff neck, or a rash.
- A headache that wakes you up in the night.
- A headache that comes about as a result of an accident injury.
- If you are over fifty-five and experience a kind of headache you’re not familiar with.